Dr. Michael C. Kuo obtained his undergraduate degree from University of California Berkeley and his medical degree from University of California Davis School of Medicine. After completing a surgical internship year at University of California Davis Medical Center, he continued at UC Davis completing a Diagnostic Radiology residency. Dr. Kuo spent his last year as Chief Resident and then stayed at UC Davis to complete fellowships in both Musculoskeletal Radiology and Abdominal/Body Imaging. During his training at UC Davis he received awards for his professionalism and teaching.
Upon completion of his fellowships, he returned to his native Bay Area in 2009 and has since worked at Valley Radiology. Dr. Kuo has advanced training utilizing MRI and CT for evaluation of musculoskeletal and abdominal pathologies. He also has a special interest in PET/CT for oncologic evaluation. He has published in a peer-reviewed journal, presented an Educational and Scientific Exhibit in an ARRS Annual Meeting and contributed to Thieme’s “Diagnostic imaging case-based board review” book, published in 2009.
Outside of radiology, Dr. Kuo enjoys music, exercising and spending time with his wife, daughter and son. Dr. Kuo also has conversational skills in Mandarin.
- American Board of Radiology; Board Certified Diplomat
- Specialty: Musculoskeletal Radiology, Abdominal/Body Imaging, PET CT
- Fellowship: Musculoskeletal Radiology, University of California Davis Medical Center
- Fellowship: Abdominal/Body Imaging, University of California Davis Medical Center
- Chief Resident: Diagnostic Radiology, University of California Davis Medical Center
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology, University of California Davis Medical Center
- Internship: General Surgery, University of California Davis Medical Center
- Medical Degree: University of California Davis School of Medicine
- Bachelor’s Degree: University of California Berkeley, Molecular Cell Biology
PROFESSIONAL AND SCIENTIFIC AFFILIATIONS
- Radiological Society of North America
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- California Radiological Society