Dr. Raymond Chyu obtained his undergraduate degree from UC San Diego and his medical degree from Drexel University in Pennsylvania. He completed his radiology residency training and a Body Imaging fellowship at the University of Southern California – Los Angeles County Hospital. Upon completion of his fellowship, he returned to his native Bay Area in 2004 and has since worked at Valley Radiology.
Dr. Chyu has special interest in advanced hepatic imaging including liver MRI and CT for hepatocellular carcinoma evaluation. He also has special interest in oncologic, thoracic and gastrointestinal imaging. He is currently the Vice President of Valley Radiology and also the Medical Director of our East San Jose location.
Dr. Chyu’s personal interests include traveling, golf, working out and spending time with family and friends.
- American Board of Radiology; Board Certified Diplomat
- Specialty: Body Imaging
- Fellowship: Body Imaging; University of Southern California – Los Angeles County Hospital
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology; University of Southern California-Los Angeles County Hospital
- Medical Degree: Drexel University School of Medicine
- Bachelor’s Degree: University of California, San Diego
- Medical Director Valley Radiology Montpelier
PROFESSIONAL AND SCIENTIFIC AFFILIATIONS
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American College of Radiology
- Los Angeles Radiological Society
- San Jose Pancreatic Hepatobiliary Tumor Board