Dr. Sophia Kung is a graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology earning BS and MS degrees in Mechanical Engineering. Dr. Kung received her MD from McGill University, Faculty of Medicine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
After an internship in internal medicine at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Medical Center in New York City, Dr. Kung completed a Diagnostic Radiology Residency and Nuclear Radiology fellowship at Columbia University Medical College/New York-Presbyterian Hospital, where she also served as co-chief resident.
Since completion of training, Dr. Kung has practiced in New York City at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus) and in private practice in Northern California. She has published in peer-reviewed journals and has co-authored textbook chapters on radiologic abdominal anatomy and pathology.
As a specialist in Abdominal Imaging and Nuclear Radiology, Dr. Kung’s particular interests are in oncologic imaging, particularly PET/CT. At VRI, she is the Director of PET/CT imaging.
Dr. Kung’s personal interests include traveling and spending time with family and friends.
- Board Certification: Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
- Board Certification: Nuclear Medicine, American Board of Nuclear Medicine
- Fellowship: Nuclear Radiology, New York Presbyterian Hospital – Columbia
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology; New York Presbyterian Hospital -Columbia
- Medical Degree: McGill University, Faculty of Medicine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree: MIT, Mechanical Engineering
PROFESSIONAL AND SCIENTIFIC AFFILIATIONS
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging