Dr. Willis Huang grew up in Long Island, New York. He developed an early interest in science in high school, and was a national finalist in the Westinghouse National Science Competition. He then continued to Harvard University where he earned an honors degree in biochemistry.
Dr. Huang then spent 8 years completing an MD PhD combined degree at the University of Rochester in upstate New York, where he studied the role of cytokines in inflammatory bone loss using both cellular and transgenic mouse models. During his time as a medical student, he was also elected both treasurer then interclass Senate president of the student body.
He completed his residency in diagnostic radiology at UCLA where he served as chief resident. He then completed a musculoskeletal radiology fellowship at Stanford Hospital in 2010 and joined VRI in late 2011. He specializes in both musculoskeletal imaging and PET-CT body imaging. Dr. Huang is VRI’s Director of Musculoskeletal imaging and of our Los Gatos Imaging center.
Dr. Huang has diverse personal interests ranging from triathlon to music, and has attended the Juilliard precollege division for violin.
- Specialty: Musculoskeletal Imaging and PET-CT Body Imaging
- Fellowship: Musculoskeletal Radiology, Stanford Hospitals
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Internship: St Vincent Hospital, Worcester MA. Awarded Intern of the Year.
- Medical Degree: University of Rochester School of Medicine
- Doctorate: Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine
- Bachelors Degree: Harvard University, Biochemistry, magna cum laude
PROFESSIONAL AND SCIENTIFIC AFFILIATIONS
- Board-Certified Radiologist
- Radiological Society of North America
- ACR-PET CT Certification (2012)
VRI Social Channels