Dr. Jennifer Salcman grew up in Palo Alto, California and moved to the East Coast for college. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from Princeton University with a B.A. degree in Psychology/Neuroscience. Dr. Salcman then moved to New York City to pursue Neurobiology research at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine. She completed her medical degree at New York Medical College, where she was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. For her specialty training, she left the East Coast for a stint in the Midwest, completing her residency in Diagnostic Radiology and her fellowship in Breast Imaging at the Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Washington University in St. Louis.
Upon completion of her fellowship training, Dr. Salcman returned to California and joined The Permanente Medical Group in Walnut Creek. She joined Valley Radiology Medical Associates in 2014, happy to relocate to the Peninsula with her family. She is currently the Director of Breast Imaging for Valley Radiology.
Dr. Salcman enjoys radiology because she is able to use her skills to help diagnose the most likely cause of a patient’s symptoms, which is the first step toward treatment; and she has a particular passion for breast imaging because of the rewarding relationships she builds with her patients.
In her free time, she loves to explore all that the Bay Area has to offer with her husband and three children. Dr. Salcman also enjoys yoga, swimming, skiing, cooking, and traveling.
- American Board of Radiology, Board Certified Diplomat
- Specialty: Breast Imaging and Intervention
- Fellowship: Breast Imaging, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University St. Louis
- Residency: Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University St. Louis
- Medical Degree: New York Medical College
- Bachelor’s Degree: Princeton University
PROFESSIONAL AND SCIENTIFIC AFFILIATIONS
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American College of Radiology
- Society of Breast Imaging
- Radiological Society of North America
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
VRI Social Channels