Dr. Stephen Metting graduated from The University of Texas at Austin in 2005 with a Bachelor of Science in the Psychology Honors Program. He completed medical school at UT Houston, earning induction into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. Dr. Metting then pursued diagnostic radiology, completing his residency training at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center. Afterwards, he attended the University of Southern California for Neuroradiology fellowship. Upon completion he stayed for an additional year as a clinical instructor of neuroradiology.
Dr. Metting joined Valley Radiology Medical Associates in 2016 and is currently the Director of MRI & CT. Dr. Metting has presented original research at several American Society of Neuroradiology meetings. He has co-authored a textbook chapter on spine anatomy and pathology. Additionally, he has special interests in advanced neuroradiology imaging, multiple sclerosis and gadolinium-based contrast agents.
Dr. Metting’s personal interests include basketball, football, mixed martial arts, running, music and politics.
- Specialty: Neuroradiology, Head & Neck Radiology
- Subspecialty Certification: CAQ Neuroradiology, American Board of Radiology
- Board Certification: Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
- Fellowship: Neuroradiology, LAC+USC/Keck School of Medicine of USC
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center/UTHSCSA
- Medical Degree: University of Texas – Houston
- Bachelor’s Degree: University of Texas – Austin
PROFESSIONAL AND SCIENTIFIC AFFILIATIONS
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
VRI Social Channels