Dr. Maria Matsumoto obtained her undergraduate degree from Stanford University, and her medical degree from Dartmouth Medical School in New Hampshire. She completed her transitional internship year at the Santa Clara Valley Medical Center. After moving to Washington, D.C., she completed her diagnostic radiology residency at George Washington University Medical Center, where she was also chief resident. Dr. Matsumoto stayed at George Washington for its two year Neuroradiology fellowship, which included training in neurointerventional procedures.
Upon completion of the fellowship, Dr. Matsumoto returned to her native Bay Area and joined Valley Radiology Medical Associates. She has held multiple officer positions within VRI, and is currently the secretary. She also is a member of the RadNet Physician Advisory Board and Medical Director of our Valley Radiology CIRO Medical Center. In addition to neuroradiology and all aspects of diagnostic imaging, she has a special interest in striving to provide high quality radiology services to our patients and referring physicians.
Dr. Matsumoto’s personal interests include hiking, travel and spending time with family and friends.
- American Board of Radiology – Board Certification
- Specialty: neuroradiology, head and neck imaging
- Fellow: Neuroradiology, George Washington University Medical Center
- Residency: George Washington University Medical Center
- Internship: Transitional internship, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- Medical School: Dartmouth Medical School, New Hampshire
- Bachelors Degree: Stanford University
- Medical director VRI CIRO
PROFESSIONAL AND SCIENTIFIC AFFILIATIONS
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Society of Neuroradiology