Dr. Sahil Sood graduated Valedictorian of Johns Hopkins University in 2001 with a degree in Biomedical Engineering. He remained in Baltimore at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine to complete his MD degree. From there, he pursued his Diagnostic Radiology Residency and Neuroradiology Fellowship at Cornell University/Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
Upon completion of his fellowship in 2011, he moved to the Bay area to begin his radiology career at Valley Radiology Medical Associates (VRMA). He is currently the President of VRMA and the Director of Neuroradiology. Dr. Sood also maintains a Certificate of Added Qualification in Neuroradiology.
Dr. Sood has special interests in advanced brain, spine, head and neck imaging. He currently attends the Good Samaritan Craniospinal and Neurovascular conferences on a weekly basis. He has published a number of articles in peer-reviewed journals and contributed to Thieme’s “Case-Based Brain Imaging” textbook, published in 2013.
Dr. Sood’s personal interests include spending time with his wife, basketball, football, traveling, hiking, and politics.
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Neuroradiology, American Board of Radiology
- Specialty: Neuroradiology, Head & Neck Radiology
- Board Certification: Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
- Fellowship: Neuroradiology; Cornell University/Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology; Cornell University/Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Medical Degree: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Bachelor’s Degree: Johns Hopkins University; B.S. Biomedical Engineering
PROFESSIONAL AND SCIENTIFIC AFFILIATIONS
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
VRI Social Channels