In 2014, the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) celebrates its 100th consecutive year hosting one of the world’s premier forums on radiology. The annual meeting of the RSNA is a meeting place for radiologists, medical physicists and other medical professionals from around the globe to gather and exchange ideas. site subdomains To help promote education and partnership in radiology, RadNet planned a significant presence at the 2014 RSNA Annual Meeting.
Promoting the science and practice of radiology for 100 years
Over the course of 100 years, the annual meeting of the RSNA has evolved into one of the largest forums for radiologists and allied health care professionals to meet and discuss trends in radiology. While the annual meeting of the RSNA includes opportunities for networking and informal introductions among like-minded professionals, the focus is centered on education and the promotion of research.
Highlights of the 2014 RSNA Annual Meeting include:
- Lectures on and discussions of hot topics in radiology, such as lung cancer screening and sports-related concussions.
- More than 3,100 scientific presentations and posters covering recent radiologic research.
- Around 2,100 educational and demonstrational exhibits.
RadNet: Moving Radiology Forward
For RadNet, one of the nation’s largest providers of outpatient radiology services, the annual meeting of the RSNA represents an opportunity for developing partnerships and learning more about the needs of the referring physicians.
In addition to many RadNet radiologists who attended in a personal capacity out of professional interest, RadNet employees were available for questions and inquiries during the 2014 RSNA Annual Meeting at a marketing booth on the exhibition floor.
Through a network of more than 260 outpatient imaging centers in six states, RadNet performed approximately 5.2 million imaging procedures this year. Beyond imaging centers, RadNet also offers numerous other services to health payers, providers and patients. These include:
- Technology– RadNet offers the eRad medical imaging workflow solution that integrates PACS, RIS and speech recognition in a single web-based platform.
- Professional – Through Imaging on Call, RadNet offers on-site and teleradiology availability of physicians and administrative staff.
- Utilization Management – RadNet partners with hospitals, health systems, ACOs to cover more than 1.5 million lives under population management and capitation agreements.
- Research – As a partner of the Cancer Research Collaboration, RadNet works with drug and device manufacturers to conduct community-based clinical research trials in oncology and imaging.
As part of its commitment to providing high-quality, cost-effective imaging services in the communities we serve, RadNet is invested in the advancement of radiology. The annual meeting of the RSNA helps to advance radiology by encouraging the open exchange of ideas and ongoing research into new technologies and treatments. Look for RadNet when we return to the 2015 RSNA Annual Meeting.