MRIs are contraindicated if there are:
- Pacemakers or other implanted pump devices.
- Metallic debris in the soft tissues of the orbit.
- Older intracranial vascular aneurysm clips (most modern clips are MRI compatible and can be cleared by our techs if the clip model is identified).
MRIs are NOT contraindicated with:
- Orthopedic implanted hardware (joint replacements, spinal fusion, etc.).
- Soft tissue shrapnel (except for within the orbit).
- Non-intracranial vascular stents.
Please call any of our offices if you have any questions regarding the suitability of your patient for MRI examinations and we will be happy to assist you.